Life insurance is something that no one likes to think about. All the same, 86 percent of Americans believe that life insurance is something most people need, and most of us have some.1 That's the good news.
The bad news is that most Americans don't have enough. More than a third don't have any life insurance at all, and those who are insured have coverage equal to less than four times their annual income.2 Most experts believe that coverage equal to 10 times one's annual income is a more reasonable rule of thumb.
That's why Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana offers a range of life insurance plans for you and your employees to choose from.
Employee and dependent life coverage paid for by the employer.
Did you know…
- Strong life insurance coverage is essential to creating a robust and competitive benefit package for your employees.
- Life insurance offers your employees and their families a safeguard from many unexpected expenses if something should happen to them.
- As an employer, you can offer this high-value benefit at a great price; and, employer-funded plans generally count as a business deduction for employers.
Optional employee and dependent life coverage paid for by the employee through the convenience of payroll deduction.
Did you know…
- Voluntary plans offer extra value to employees at no added cost to the employer's company. Premiums are payroll-deducted, which means benefits are convenient for employees and economical for you.
- Voluntary term life insurance is a cost-effective way for you to provide employees the same protection as our Basic Group Term Life — affordably.
- You can offer voluntary term life coverage with any Basic Life plan or as a stand-alone plan.
- This option allows employees to purchase additional coverage above what an employer may offer with our Basic Life insurance. Voluntary plans help give your employees financial stability and protect their families from certain expenses, if something unexpected were to happen to them.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage provides protection for accidents.
Why add Voluntary High-Limit AD&D?
- It's a fact of life: Accidents happen. By choosing Voluntary High-Limit Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage, employees can give themselves and their family members 24-hour protection in case of accidental loss of life, limb, hearing or sight.
- We offer Voluntary AD&D coverage to employers and your employees at low, affordable rates. This option can also be offered with any group life insurance coverage or as a stand-alone plan.
- Just like with our voluntary life coverage, premiums are paid for by the employee through payroll deduction.
- This plan requires no underwriting and it's all guaranteed issue!